I’m Lucie, your Muddy editor for the glorious counties of Derbyshire and Nottinghamshire.
I’m a born and bred Notts lass who lived in Nottingham city for six years before moving out to the hills of Derbyshire. I’m now based in a quirky town on the edge of the Peak District with my partner and our neurotic cat.
Having spent many years as a creative director at a super-cool copywriting agency, I’ve worked with big names like Kew Gardens, English Heritage and Boots, and written for cultural pioneers like University College London. I’ve also spent time working in events, presenting on an indie radio station and, as a curveball, teaching kids about opera.
I’m a music and culture obsessive, and Nottinghamshire and Derbyshire are packed with things to do, see and explore – you just need to know where to look. That’s why I’ll be your local guide, bringing you those awesome experiences, foodie hotspots, incredible independent shops and unforgettable events that you won’t want to miss.
I’m really excited to take you on a journey around everything these wild and creative counties have to offer – sign up for my email snapshot of what’s coming up and get planning your next local adventure.
This is the Muddy Mantra, so you know what to expect from the site:
- I try everything out myself so that you can fully trust my opinions. On the occasions that I haven’t been somewhere myself (for example, an event that hasn’t happened yet – um, I’m not a miracle worker) I let you know about it. Occasionally guest editors will review and these will be clearly marked as such
- Muddy Stilettos is a commercial site and accepts advertising and payment to feature products and brands. However, we believe passionately in only working with brands that share our ethos and are relevant to our readers. We retain editorial control and independence at all times.
- I will never accept payment to write about something I don’t believe in.
- I accept tickets to free shows, festivals, restaurants, events etc with the purpose of reviewing or publicising them on Muddy Stilettos, as I’m sure you appreciate it’s pretty expensive zipping around trying stuff out all the time. Hotels, restaurants, cafes, bars – if you want me to try you out, please get in touch at email@example.com
- I’ll never write a nasty review. I’m not into trashing people, brands or companies. BUT if you’re not good enough, I will not write about you in Muddy Stilettos, regardless of whether I have paid for the experience or not. This gives me the editorial control I need and the trust that my readers demand.
I hope you love the site. Please tell your friends about it, and sign up for my splendiferous newsletter delivered to your inbox to be the first to know about all the cool stuff happening in your area!